Let me start by saying. This. Is. Awesome. AND more importantly, I’m not really a bean eater. Some beans are OK, black beans, chili beans, but I don’t seek them out… this recipe changed my outlook on beans. This is one quick dish that is out of this world good. This tastes like it came straight from Italy. The only thing you heat is the oil and mainly to infuse the garlic into it. Trust me, this recipe will quickly become a family favorite!
Click HERE to go directly to Martha Stewart’s site to easily print the recipe, or see below… either way… ENJOY!
MARTHA’S TOMATO, BASIL and WHITE BEAN SALAD
Prep/10 min. Total Time/35 min. Serves: 4
- 2 cans (19 ounces each) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 pound small roma (plum) tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 small garlic cloves, minced
- Combine beans, tomatoes, basil, and salt in a bowl, and season with pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not browned, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Pour over bean mixture, and gently toss. Let stand 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld. Salad can be covered and kept at room temperature up to 4 hours.