When there are good avocados available AND good tomatoes the choice for breakfast/lunch/light dinner couldn’t be easier… AVOCADO TOAST!
This is a healthy and filling option – avocados are so good for you! If you aren’t a tomato lover (😮) you can leave the tomato off. If by chance you don’t have lemon to squeeze (just a wee bit) then don’t worry about it. I think it enhances the flavor, but try it both ways! Click HERE to print the recipe below…
When I first heard about this I thought it was interesting, but then I tried it and WHOA! We are fans! Read about the health benefits (orange link above).
R E C I P E
Avocado Toast with Tomato and EVOO
- Hearty bread, semolina, farm bread, wheat farm, anything rustic…
- Avocado, peeled, and smashed (* Tips)
- Tomato, thinly sliced
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Lemon juice
- Put bread in toaster I like it lightly toasted, but everyone is different.
- While bread is toasting, cut an avocado in half remove the pit and scoop it into a bowl. (Don’t eat the skin) Smash with a fork.
- Add a little squeeze of lemon and a light drizzle of EVOO.
- Top with thin slices of tomato, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- E n j o y ! !
I usually use 1 small avocado for one serving and 2 avocados for two servings. You judge for yourself!
Catch you back here tomorrow!