Peanut butter cookies that are crispy and so delicious and full of peanut butter flavor YET contain NO butter or flour. WHAT!?? Yes. No butter (or oil), no flour. Four simple ingredients: Peanut butter, sugar, baking soda and and egg. Wild, isn’t it? I saw this in Food and Wine magazine (fabulous recipes!) many years ago. I was hesitant but it received rave reviews so I tried it.
What!? This is seriously delicious. So if you like to bake on occasion, but don’t want to bake a big batch, this only makes 24 (nice size) cookies – which is perfect! I’m telling you, if you like a good peanut butter cookie, you’ve got to try this! I make plain peanut butter (I don’t add the chopped peanuts or the chocolate chips, although I have no doubt it would be wonderful, I like a true peanut butter cookie that I can dip in a glass of milk).
Best Peanut Butter Cookies!
Makes 24 cookies
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter (I use Jif)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large (or XL) egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced peanuts (OPTIONAL)
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips (OPTIONAL)
- Preheat oven to 350℉ (I use convection and 345℉).
- *If using regular oven, position the oven racks at the top third and bottom third, and then rotate when you bake (front to back and bottom to top).
- Medium Bowl: Mix the peanut butter, sugar, baking soda and egg.
- Stir in the OPTIONAL peanuts and chocolate chips. I have yet to try this recipe with these additions..
- Roll tablespoons of the dough into 24 balls. I separate the dough in half, then in half again leaving four portions. Then I make six balls out of each portion. Roll lightly in your hands until they come together and place on cookie sheet.
- Use a fork and make a crosshatch pattern on each cookie (you don’t need to dip the fork in water).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until done (see * above in number 1), then let cool on wire rack.
Catch you back here tomorrow!