Roasted Asparagus – Image: MyRecipes.com
Photo: Leigh Beisch; Styling: Merilee Bordin
I like asparagus. Actually I LOVE asparagus. Of all cooking methods, roasting is hands down the most flavorful cooking method. The taste is out of this world and it is so easy you won’t believe it!
Sometimes I sprinkle a little parmesan, sometimes I don’t. Same with the lemon. It works either way. It doesn’t need it, but it’s a nice twist. You can also just use however much asparagus you like (if you don’t need six servings), toss in olive oil, sprinkle with a little salt and pop in the oven!
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 2 bunches asparagus (about 2 lbs.)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup packed freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 475°. Hold the end of an asparagus stalk and bend until it snaps off. Repeat with remaining stalks and discard woody ends.
2. Toss asparagus with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss well. Arrange asparagus in an even layer in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake until asparagus is crisp-tender and cheese is browned, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Serve hot or warm.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Nutritional Information/per serving
- Calories: 84
- Calories from fat: 49%
- Protein: 7.6g
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sodium: 274mg
- Cholesterol: 7.5mg
Catch you back here tomorrow!