I posted a recipe that Samantha’s mom (*read story below) shared with the group for Artichoke Chicken (originally from AllRecipes.com), and WOW – is it ever an amazing and very easy recipe. This is the perfect side dish to go along with it. This recipe comes together quickly, thanks to Trader Joe’s Organic Brown Rice found in the freezer section. Approximately three servings and three minutes in the microwave. Toss with the mixture below, and WELLA! The nuttiness of the brown rice and mushrooms are a perfect combination!
Click HERE to print the recipe below!
Brown Rice with Mushrooms & Spinach
- 1+ tablespoon butter/Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- ½ container (or several handfuls of Cremini mushrooms (or other mushrooms), washed, dried and sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced vertically
- 1 package organic baby spinach
- Salt, Pepper (Optional: red pepper flakes)
- 1 pkg Trader Joe’s (or similar) Organic Brown Rice (freezer section/3 servings)
- Add butter/EVOO in a non-stick saute pan. I use approximately 1 tablespoon, add more if you need it. When pan is hot…
- Add mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Add onion and cook until soft.
- Add spinach, stir to coat and mix in with mushrooms. Cover the pan and set burner to low until spinach wilts.
- Season with salt and pepper you can also use red pepper flakes – OR anything else that sounds good to you, cheese, tomatoes, etc..
- Cook one package of brown rice (or use similar amount of regular cooked brown rice) then mix into mushrooms/spinach. Stir to coat.
I am not a recipe writer perse, I like to create more of a guide so that you can change things up to add more of what you like and less of what you don’t. This is a very versatile recipe that can handle endless variations!
Try it, I think you’ll like it! Catch you back here tomorrow!
PS, some of you probably noticed the image has the chicken cut off, can you guess why? Haha… We sat down to dinner and started eating and it hit me!
*The story of Samantha Sayers: Sam has been missing since August 1, 2018 (Vesper Peak, WA)- you can follow Sam’s story on Facebook, “Love, Light & A Miracle“, a group formed by Sam’s mom – Inspiration, FB Live videos to update and well wishes are more than welcome here!) – there is another group, 🎗 Ribbons Across America for Sam Sayers – if you can tie a yellow ribbon (it does NOT have to be fancy) and post a photo to this group with your city, then they can count another ribbon lighting Samantha’s way home. The family is hoping for 1,250 ribbons across the world soon. They only need 224 more! So can you? Please?