This wrap is a winner! It will fill you up and keep you full. It’s quick and easy to make and once you make a batch you can eat it for days and freeze the remainder to pull out for a quick breakfast! Essentially, this is almost too good to be true!
This recipe all started out as the filling for an enchilada recipe (and it was divine!)
Black Bean, Fresh Corn, Avocado, Brown Rice, Pepper Jack Wrap
- 1 package of Trader Joe’s Organic Brown Rice (freezer section)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 ears of Corn, cut off the cob
- 1 Jalapeño, diced (minus seeds)
- Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- PICO: 2 plum tomatoes, 1 tablespoon lime juice and cilantro (green onion optional)
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Tortilla (I like the Whole Wheat best)
Cook package of rice according to directions, place in large bowl. Add fresh corn, black beans, jalapeño and mix together. Heat the tortilla over gas flame for about 20-30 second or until warm or in a dry pan. Sprinkle cheese on warm tortilla, top with about 4 heaping tablespoons of the rice/bean/corn mix.Top with avocado slices and pico – fold at one end and roll up to eat (this can be challenging if filled too full)
We eat this for about three days and I freeze small bags with about 8 heaping tablespoons of rice/bean mix. To use from freezer, let thaw in fridge then heat however you like, in microwave or stove, etc. Heat tortilla and add toppings!
✍️ Until tomorrow…