It’s fall y’all! Time to bake something and fill your home with those autumn baking aromas, particularly apples and cinnamon. I have just the recipe! I’ve made this several times and wouldn’t change a thing, except for the one step I keep forgetting to do, ha ha. This recipe works when I buy a small 2 cup buttermilk. (I use 1 1/4 cup for cold cucumber soup and the remainder for this recipe)!
I ran across this recipe in Eating Well magazine – click HERE to be taken directly to this recipe on their website with the ability to print or save. (You can also watch a quick video of this recipe) It’s a Keeper!
This is my sticky note version… more details on the real recipe:
In large bowl, whisk together:
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
In medium bowl, whisk together until smooth:
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 lightly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Pour buttermilk mixture into flour mixture fold gently only until combined.
Stir in until well mixed:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups finely chopped, peeled apples (Gala, Fuji or Honeycrisp) – I used about 2.5 regular size Gala
Scoop into prepared muffin tin (paper liners + cooking spray or just cooking spray or butter) – this is the step I keep forgetting, and since I freeze half I think it’s for the best, but it would be good:
- Sprinkle tops of muffins with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (I would say optional)
Notes on the recipe say you can wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 months. #winwin #thankyoueatingwell
Recipe via Eating Well Magazine – EatingWell.com!
✍️ Until next time…
2 thoughts on “(Healthy) Apple-Cinnamon Muffins!”
LikeLiked by 1 person