Happy New Year! Sending wishes for a safe and happy New Year!
Ah, it’s New Years Eve, can you believe it? Time flies…
Truly, where does the time go? It seems as if it was just summer and now it’s the end of 2021! I’m looking forward to 2021 with a renewed sense of hope. We’ve all been through so much, it’s mind boggling if you think about it. COVID, I mean, it’s hard to comprehend how horrific it’s been. So many people lost. 2022 has got to be a better year. 🙏🤞
I’ve always loved this simple PEACE ornament. A reminder to slow down and take a breath and remember what this time of year is all about… This word is powerful. We need it in this country and in this world so badly.
What are some of your memories of this past year? Email me (via CONTACT ME button), comment on this post or on FB or Insta… A few of mine:
- Car lots with no cars (or no new cars and very few used cars)
- Shortages on the oddest things, like cream cheese, coffee cream, appliances, lumber, the list goes on and on.
- The looooooong wait for windows (and appliances, lamps, furniture, etc.)
- The division over wearing a mask inside a crowded store continues. Some people will not no matter what. Others do it for the greater good.
- The odd way that COVID became political – which it isn’t in any way, but some see it that way. Which is causing it to stick around and mutate. I know everyone has their own beliefs which is fine, but not if it has to do with politics.
- Early on hearing about a possible toy shortage. Imagine if you were a kid. #whatnightmaresaremadeof – Good grief, Santa has to be exhausted!
- The freedom that being vaccinated gave you, although short lived going without a mask (a few weeks) and eating inside a restaurant (twice) – at least there IS comfort knowing you likely won’t die from it.
- However, the sun still shines, the flowers still bloom and life is still good. We just have to work our way through what we’re going through. #helpthyneighbor
Wishing you the best New Years Eve EVER, may it be safe, fun, happy and a catalyst to catapult you into 2022 with a smile on your face and a big heart. You’re the best – thanks for reading artfoodhome!
🕊 Until next time… ✌️
📸 Image: Barbara Stroud (me!)